Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sunrises, Hot Air Balloons and Early Church Services

So, this morning I woke up to a beautiful sunrise! Days like this are always such wonderful reminders of how awesome God is...that He created this universe...the sun, the moon, and everything that is good!

As we drove to church this morning, there were several hot air balloons off to the west. The Summer Heat Festival is in Muncie this weekend. It features balloon races, an air show, and lots of rides, games, and food for the whole family to enjoy. It was quite a sight. My favorite balloon is the one that looks like a Pepsi can...it's pretty cool!

Well, it's not even 8am and I'm at the church preparing for our 8am worship service. You know, if we Christians were truly radical, I don't think we'd have a worship service at 8am. I think we'd get together around 10am, have some coffee, talk about God, sing together, and then have a big lunch. But, hey, that's just me...And, maybe 10am is too early as well! I mean, my brain doesn't really start to work correctly until the afternoon. So, maybe we should get together around 4pm for some ice cream, God talk, singing, and then have a big cook out? That sounds pretty good to me.

Of course, then I'd miss all the beautiful sunrises...But, there's always a sunset!

No comments: