Thursday, June 02, 2005

On Sunday's Sermon

Well, I do believe that I'll be going with the "A Different Kind of Blessing" message for this Sunday. I still have a couple of ideas sitting in the back of my mind. So, we'll see what happens on Sunday morning. Of course, it could be different at each service. The thing I've learned most about ministry is that when preparing the teaching for worship gatherings it's best to study, pray, and speak from the heart. So, that's what I've been doing this week...studying and praying so that I can speak straight from the heart on Sunday.

One of the things that always hits me when I prepare sermons once every six weeks is that I really desire to be preaching/teaching on a more regular basis. If I miss anything about being in youth ministry it would definitely be the regularity of preaching. I went from preaching almost every Sunday to preaching six times in 10 months (this will be the seventh time I've preached at Center Chapel). I know that more preaching opportunities will come...It's just sometimes difficult waiting in the wings. But, I know that God has me in this position to teach and shape me for future ministry. I just wish there was some outlet for me to share in a preaching/teaching role on a more regular basis.

Anyway, this Sunday, there are three key words I hope to get across in my sermon...Uncertainty...Mystery...Risk. These are three things that seem to be consistent in the lives of the people that God worked through in the Bible. Yet, much of our lives are void of uncertainty, mystery, and risk. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

No comments: