Thursday, June 09, 2005

Coldplay


The new Coldplay album came out on Tuesday!!! And, they have really been promoting this project...Live on AOL, Live Leak on MTV, Storytellers on VH1.

All of the press said the album would be far removed from older Coldplay. Reviews of the album talked of how this would be something different than anything they've done before.

Well, as I listen to the new songs, I'm sort of baffled by the reviews. I mean, I listen to the songs and I think to myself, "Self, this sure sounds like what I'd expect from Coldplay." It's really not that far removed from their previous works. I guess I don't get it. Sure, they use some different sound settings on the keyboard and add in some extra harmonies here and there. But, it's still Coldplay. And, it's exactly the next step I would have expected them to take. With all of the buzz about this being something different I guess I expected, well, something different.

Now, don't get me wrong...I absolutely love the new stuff! Coldplay is a tremendously talented band. Chris Martin's vocal are amazing...especially when you hear him singing live and it's not too far from what you hear on their records (which seems to be pretty rare these days). So, I totally recommend going out and purchasing this album. You will be glad you did.

I'll give them credit. They did one song that was different. They recorded a Johnny Cash song that he never got to record. It's different...most likely because it's a Johnny Cash song.

So, go support good rock n' roll music and get the new Coldplay album!

A quick sidenote...The new Switchfoot album will come out in August!!! Posted by Hello

No comments: